Summer is upon us once more and now that the children are out of school, it is the perfect time to plan and schedule those family outings and travel adventures. Whether you opt to go on a quick trip to a town nearby or whisk the family to a far off beach destination, it is best to plan ahead and make a checklist of everything that you need to bring and pack for your summer trip.
Here are 5 summer travel essentials you should not forget to stash to your overnight duffel bags:
- Your very own water bottle ~ Best to carry your own water bottle so you can steer clear of those plastic bottles. Not only will Mother Nature thank you for it, but you can also save when you opt to refill your water bottle instead of buying bottled water while traveling.
- Sunscreen ~ Since you plan to spend a considerable amount of time under the sun and plans to enjoy every minute of it swimming, snorkeling and basking in the summer weather, do not forget to carry a tube of sunscreen inside your backpack. Opt for those that have SPF 50 protection and higher, to make sure you and your family are safe from those harmful UVA and UVB while you have fun under the sun.
- Flip flops ~ These in my opinion is simply the perfect summer footwear. They are comfy, convenient to pack and will just match every swimsuit or sundress you plan to wear on your summer trip, so be sure not to leave the house without a pair or two!
- Rash guards ~ These are the most ideal swimwear, especially for children, since they are most comfortable to wear while swimming and also gives protection against allergens and the harmful sun rays, so make sure you pack a pair or two for your kiddos and the grown-ups, too.
- Mouthwash ~ the last thing you want to worry about is bad breath stopping your from doing all the fun stuff you want to do while on vacation, so make sure you stash a bottle of Swish Mouthwash onto your backpack! I swore by Swish Mouthwash. Created by a top and trusted company, Unilab, Swish Mouthwash is powered by Surefresh Technology that kills bad breath causing bacteria, as well as plaque and gingivitis. It is also alcohol free that is why it is safe to use everyday even by older children. Swish even comes in handy-dandy 35ml bottles which are the best to lag around while you travel from one renowned destination to the next. And what’s even better is that it even comes in a Breath Spray variant, which is also perfect for people on the go. To know more about Swish Mouthwash, do visit their Facebook Page, https://www.facebook.com/SwishPhilippines
If you are traveling with little children, it is also best to stash insect repellent patches so you will be sure that they are guarded against mosquitoes and diseases like Dengue. It is a must that we ensure our children and our family’s safety even while we are on vacation. Here’s hoping you have one great summer experience!