Christmas is in the air and I am sure everyone is excited to plan those holiday vacations and getaways, especially that we are expecting a very long holiday this year. Apart from that, I am sure many are also in a hurry to finish those Christmas shopping and to wrap those special gifts under the tree.
If you are hard up on interesting and clever gift ideas for kids, loved ones, and friends, here are 10 great gift ideas from one of our favorite destinations, The Mind Museum, that are sure to jump start your gift-buying plans:
Considering that we celebrate an extended holiday season–starting from the ber months to late January—you would think people would have enough time to shop for one-of-a-kind gifts that are well thought out. That’s hardly ever the case, though.
Year after year, people rush to stores at the last minute, grabbing run-of-the-mill mugs, picture frames, toiletries, and what have you. Fun, right? Let’s face it; getting an ordinary gift doesn’t exactly usher in the spirit of the season. Why not wrap something remarkable? If your loved ones are that special, you’d think of giving them the stars—something they clearly deserve. You can’t exactly give them that, but a close alternative is made possible by The Mind Museum—along with other unique gifts that not only add a twist to your usual holiday flavor, they also inspire learning and further celebrate the season of giving.
- The Scientific Date ~ How about a date in an artsy but science-themed gallery, or stargazing in cozy couches in a custom-made planetarium? Surprise your loved ones and the young ones with All Day Passes or gift certificates to The Mind Museum! With over 250 hands-on, minds-on exhibits and live experiment demonstrations that unveil the remarkable science behind living and non-living things, a date or two in The Mind Museum is definitely a unique and exciting way to spend time together this Yuletide season. (The Mind Museum tickets all day passes is sold for only Php750/php)
- Name the Stars after Your Loved Ones ~ Do you know that you can literally leave your mark in The Mind Museum by naming one of their virtual exhibits? You can leave your names or your loved ones’ on digital exhibits found in the different galleries in the Museum, through a fixed donation that come with e-certificates. Imagine the delight of seeing your family’s name imprinted on the virtual stars that make up a constellation, or name a specific kind of dinosaur that inhabits a virtual era in history. What’s more heart-warming is that all proceeds for this program go to supporting the institutions’ project of giving free museum visits to public school kids. (Virtual exhibits’ price ranges from Php1,000 to Php5,000, depending on your choice of show. For more information, visit http://exhibits.themindmuseum.org.)
- The Key to Endless Discovery ~ A year-round, all-day admission to the first world-class science museum in the country—how does that sound? Interactive exhibits, a thoughtfully designed planetarium, meticulously laid-out 3D shows, and exciting science demonstrations await your lucky gift recipient. The Mind Museum’s Unlimited Science Pass also gives free admission to over 300 worldwide science museums, discounts on travelling exhibition tickets, birthday packages, and purchases inside The Mind Museum Store. And because the institution always interlinks its efforts with expanding the knowledge of today’s generation, this unli-pass directly supports free museum passes for underprivileged kids. (For a group of four or more, avail the Unlimited Science Pass for only Php2,250/pax. Visit https://www.themindmuseum.org/science-alive/63/membership-program for more information)
- All for Science, All for Love ~ To celebrate the holidays in a different, more meaningful way, why not sponsor a trip for public school kids this Christmas? You can even ask your family or friends to join you in spearheading this project to further enrich the sense of wonder of these young ones. Don’t worry, The Mind Museum’s doors are open to plan and accomplish this advocacy of embracing and sharing the true spirit of the season.(To inquire about this project, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org.)
The Mind Museum is a gallery of endless activities and possibilities so, of course, we have more in The Mind Museum Store for you!
- If These Shirts Could Talk ~ Let your friends “wear their wit” with these design shirts that are exclusively available in The Mind Museum Store! These shirts come in different colors and are tastefully designed with vibrant graphics and statements that will truly make science a cool fashion statement of choice this holiday season. (Prices range from Php379.75 to Php499.75)
- Of Puzzles, Papers, and Pencils ~ Instead of those tired old notebooks or planners, try giving the young ones (or even your family and friends) these funky Human Anatomy Notebook and Science Alphabet Notebook! They’re, indeed, a safe space for random thoughts, important lists, or mind babbles. Here’s a tip: pair these notebooks with Puzzle Color Pencils and let its colorful tips become their wand to create their DIY-diary. (Human Anatomy Notebook and Science Alphabet Notebook are sold for only Php379.75, while Puzzle Color Pencils set is sold for only Php649.75.)
- Own the Universe ~ While these kids are taking baby steps towards their dreams, you can show them the momentary short-cut in seizing the universe, literally, through the Star Planetarium! Projecting 3D stars, planets, and constellations, this amazing contraption also includes 3D glasses for a more mesmerizing virtual representation of what’s above and beyond the world we’re living in.(The Star Planetarium set is sold for only Php2,579.75.)
- Unearthing the Dinos ~ Be a paleontologist and travel back to the era of dinosaurs with the special edition of Dino Excavation Kit. Dig for the bones hidden in the gypsum block, assemble them and enjoy your very own miniature dinosaur skeleton replica. Top it off by learning more about the fossils you have just uncovered. (The entire Dino Excavation Kit is sold for Php2,699.75.)
- Tricks and Treats ~ Put a little ease and fun in teaching kids using playing cards that are exclusively sold at The Mind Museum store. You can either get What’s GNU?—a 3-letter learning game deck or go for a game of speed and visual tricks with Hyperswipe! Grab these cards now, be the learning and game master at the same time, and let the enlivening game itself, too, serve as an added gift to these kids!(What’s GNU deck costs Php9,49.75 while the Hyperswipe set costs Php1,349.75.)
- Build Your Own, Learn on Your Own ~ Teach your young ones the basics of gardening, without having to worry about landscaping your backyard, with these innovative plant miniatures! You can either let them grow the Sweet Leaf, which grows leaves that be used as a natural substitute for sugar; the Mini-Melons that will actually produce sweet mini cantaloupes in less than 2 months; or get really out-of-this-word with the Curious George Outer Space Adventure Garden that will even allow them to experiment right in their mini pots! (Sweet leaf and Mini-melons cost Pho829.75 each while the Curious George Outer Space Adventure Gardenis sold for Php1,229.75.)