I received this Mount Banahaw card earlier this year. This is the only card I have ever seen about the place and I am delighted to add this to my growing card collection. I have heard a lot of good stuff about the place and tales of people hiking there to reach its peaks. I dream of doing that with the little man one day, too.
Here are a few trivia about Mount Banahaw written at the back of the card:
- it is a three-peaked volcano complex located between the provinces of Laguna and Quezon
- it is the tallest mountain in the CALABARZON region
- Banahaw, also spelled Banahao or Banajao, is a national park and a protected area in the Philippines since 1941
- it is properly called Mts. Banahaw-San Cristobal Protected Landscape
- it covers 10,901 hectares of land
- it has an elevation of 7,119 feet above sea level
- it last erupted in 1730
- Mount Banahaw is also considered as a “Holy Mountain” and it is popular among pilgrims
I bet it will also be an awesome adventure to hike there with the family during holidays. Imagine communing with nature and relaxing away from the hustle and bustle and the regular drone of everyday living. The cool breeze and the chirping birds nearby will be enough to melt the stress away. It will probably be a great idea to bring along an oscar schmidt guitar to while the time away singing your family’s favorite tunes.
Thank you Sir Willie for sending this over and for putting it in an envelope so it won’t have those pesky and annoying postmarks.