I fell in love with this postcard the first time I have laid eyes on it. In fact the last time I was in the bookstore I bought a stack of these cards to giveaway to my swapmates. I have never been to Batangas to see the Tall Basilica but I would really love to see it one day.
Here are a few things you might want to know about the Taal Basilica:
- it is also known as Basilica de San Martin de Tours
- it is the largest church in the Philippines + the whole of Asia, too
- St. Martin Of Tours who celebrates its fiesta every November 11 is its patron saint
- its bell is also considered one of the largest bell in the country
- its baroque design was conceptualized by architect Luciano Oliver
- it is a UNESCO World Heritage Site
Anyway, do drop me a line here if in case you’d like to receive this postcard in the mail, right?