I know nothing tops receiving surprises, tungsten wedding bands and cool high-tech gadgets and stuff. But for me one of the things that gives me the most high is receiving postcard surprises in my
nonexistent mailbox, like when I received this pleasant surprise in the mail a few weeks back. This is a 12.12.12 postmarked card of the Caramoan Peninsula. The view is simply breath-taking and I can just imagine how it will look like when I visit the place one day! This place is now included in my travel bucket list.
Thanks so much Marz Ria for sending this beautiful card! I simply love it! ^_^
Camarines Sur, also known as the Rising Sun of the Philippines, is one of the places in the country that I would love to visit soon. This beautiful tourist destination is the largest of the Bicol Region’s 6 provinces + boasts of two cities, Naga City, the most progressive city in the region + Iriga City. There is something in store for everyone in this province if one decides to visit + here are but a few of the things I’d love to do when I finally get to visit this place:
- Visit the Our Lady of Peñafrancia Church in Naga and other churches ~ the best time to do this is when they celebrate the Feast of Our Lady of Peñafrancia or “Ina” as what the local folks call her, in the 3rd week of September
- Go wakeboarding at the Camarines Sur Watersports Complex or CWC in Pili ~ apart from numerous wakeboard storage racks, this place is a haven of sports enthusiasts + beginners alike. Indulge in wakeboarding, kneeboarding or experience the thrill of your life as you give the waterskiing 6-point cable system a go!
- Go island-hopping at Caramoan ~ this group-of-islands paradise is a must see. Hop from one island to the next, explore Lahos, Sabitang Laya, Haponan, Manlawi + all the other islands for one unforgettable island adventure + see for yourself why this is a favorite location for the famed reality television show, Survivor.
- Be one with nature ~ revel in the goodness that nature has to offer, from the exhilarating sandbars, to the breath-taking water activities to the pure white sands + fascinating limestone cliffs. Whie you’re at it, you might as well pay the Eco Village a visit!
- See the world’s smallest fish ~ Sinarapan or what the locals called tabyos, can only be found in Lake Buhi.
Truly, a trip to Camarines Sur is something everyone in the family will enjoy. I will make sure to get some souvenirs to bring back home + buy loads of pili nuts, too! + oh, of course, I won’t forget to take photos of all the beautiful attractions I shall be visiting as a memento of my trip! Hopefully, I can save enough so that this dream travel will become a reality soon! 😉